How many watts do a slow cooker use is trick question. How much electricity do you use a day? Are you really that meticulous? Say you are. Ok then, believe me, it will come to some surprise.
Table of Contents
Slow Cooker Energy Consumption
I mean it will be a good thing of course. The answer is simply, very little. Do you know how much watt is being used by your light bulbs?
A 9W LED energy efficient light bulb uses very little energy but depending on how many light bulbs you’ve got switched on, this could soon rack up Hpw much do you think a slow cooker use compared to that?
A slow cooker is a very efficient way to cook a hot meal. The average 3.5 litre slow cookers uses about 1.3 kWh of electricity or 21p to power eight hours of cooking – that’s less that 3p per hour
Depending on their size, slow cooker wattage runs from as little as 50 watts to over 300 watts.
That’s not a lot of power, and even when you consider that you leave one cooking 3 quarts of food for 8 hours a day, a 200 watt slow cooker will use only 1.6 kWh
Benefits of Slow Cooker
- Slow cookers usually allow one-step preparation. Placing all the ingredients in the slow cooker saves preparation time and makes cleaning simpler.
- Slow cookers help tenderize less-expensive cuts of meat.
- It keep the food warm for longer period of time
- A slow cooker brings out the flavor in foods.
- It consumes very little electrical energy than most other kitchen appliance. Thus, saves your bills.
- Besides, Slow Cookers are not expensive to buy.
Different Sizes of Slow Cooker
Slow cookers vary in size from 1 to 7 quarts. Smaller slow cookers are good for dips or sauces and larger cookers are great for large cuts of meats and soups.
A 3.5-4 quart size slow cooker is best if you’ll be cooking for four or fewer people. A 5-7 quart size or larger slower cooker is best if you’ll be cooking for five or more people or you want leftovers.
Slow Cooker Safety and Guidance
- Slow cookers which have the inner food part as Aluminium could lead to increased levels of Aluminium in your food.
- Only use the slow cooker on a countertop or other flat, safe surface.
- Use a programmable slow cooker
- Understand the dos and don’ts of frozen foods.
- Thoroughly test vintage slow cookers before using.
- Correctly store (and reheat) leftovers.
To Sum it Up
The question how many watts do a slow cooker use is unnecessary unless you are really buckled in to the whole billing process. Other than that, the figure is a very small on.
It also depends on the size of your cooker and how long you will run it. Just get one if you still don’t have it in the kitchen. It will be more useful than you think it is.